Saturday, July 13, 2024

LOVE POEMS #2

 













Note: 

In my nostalgic mood, I found some long-hidden juvenile attempts at poetry during my angst-filled college days. So innocent, right?
A disclaimer, not everything happened in real life. Peksman.



All Gone

I’m back, but what happened?

Are my eyes deceiving me now?

Is my heart telling me something I did not want to know?

The smiles, the laughter, the peace, the contentment.

All gone.

Now, there are doubts, insecurities, and conflicts.

I searched for things familiar and joyful.

All gone.

Our worlds are different now.

 

 

 

On the Beach

The blue water lapped on the shore

The tide brings home a school of bubbles

If only I could capture the white foams inside a bottle

For me to watch over and over again.

If only I could hold the breeze from the sea

To remind me that I am whole again

Even though you are no longer here.

 

 


Three people

Two loving one. One loving two.

Three very lonely people.

 

 

 

 If I Should Love Again    

If I find someone new

He will not be like you.

If my heart opens up again

It will not be for someone like you.

 

 

 

Too Late

I’m not sorry that I loved you.

I just wish the knowledge of it did not come too late. 

I cannot take back the pains I have given you.

Now that I found out I love you

You’re no longer around to know that I do.    

 

 

Photographs

From among faded photographs…

I picked yours out and felt the need to cry.

 

 


Following My Dreams

It’s been good while it lasted.

Exhilarating, exciting, electrifying.

Until we have to part ways;

Now, I have to follow my dreams far away from you

And now it is melancholic and heartbreaking.

What will the future bring?

 

 


I am Woman

I am strong; I am a daughter raised on resilience and faith

I grew up with laughter and with a grateful heart

I am blessed. I am strong. I am Woman.

So, move along. 

I do not need you.

I am over you.

 

 

Sorry

I never meant to hurt you

when all you’ve done is think of countless ways to make me feel special.

I have been so callous, so heartless in my desire to avoid loving you.

 



Life

Through life’s many seasons

I’ve lived, and I have loved

With all the happy reasons

Got rid of the cloud.

I’ve sailed through sunny days.

Enjoyed the rainy days, too.

Traveled to so many places

And oh, loved them so.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment